Ever since he was cast as Sebastian Smythe on Glee, I’ve loved Grant Gustin. At first I didn’t know what it was about him, I hadn’t gotten this giddy over a celebrity since Brendon Urie or One Direction and those had both been the year before he first came on the scene. My mom never liked him that much, she never thought he was attractive (she always preferred Darren Criss) and for whatever reason it made me like him more because I didn’t like him being attacked. I would watch Glee and wait for his scenes and if they didn’t come, I would be satisfied with the show, but there would always be the little thing missing.
When the Warblers were sent off Glee because Blaine decided to go to Kurt’s school, I was devastated. I wanted Sebastian to go with him. I was begging for Sebastian to go with him. But in the end, Sebastian Smythe stayed at Dalton Academy.
But thanks to those 7 episodes I was introduced to Grant and now, finally, Grant is starring in a show so I get to see him every week once again.
Anyway, reasons why I love him.
- GRANTS SO CUTE. LITERALLY EVERYTHING HE DOES IS CUTE. HE IS A VERY CUTE PERSON.
- He’s uber talented (singing, dancing, acting) which brings me to my next point.
- I have a thing for theater guys and Grant has grown up doing theater and dancing. Before he was on Glee, he had a few acting jobs, the most important one in my mind being his role of Baby John in the Broadway Revival tour of West Side Story.
- *Insert every cute picture of him here including the ones of him dressed as Waldo which I seem to be missing.*
- His love of Superman is so endearing. It’s kinda “nerdy” but so cute! Grant wore his Superman cape to his interview with The View on Friday and my God was it cute.
- I can call him cute as much as I want because he’s so cute.
- I know it wasn’t really his choice obviously, but while on Glee the Warblers covered “Live While We’re Young” by One Direction (which is one of my favorite songs by them still) and he sounded great on it. It was the perfect mix of two of one of my favorite actors and one of my favorite bands.
- I’m in love with his new character, Barry Allen. To begin with the character is easy to love, but Grant brings life to him just as I had hoped he would. He’s awkward and nervous but it’s so (here I go again) cute.
- Grant’s a tenor. I love tenors.
- Grant’s my little cinnamon roll, too good for this world, too pure.
I think the most you get out of this list is that I think Grant Gustin is incredibly cute because, well, he is. Basically, while everyone obsesses over Dylan O’Brien (I am too, don’t get me wrong), I’m obsessing over how cute Grant is.
You can catch Grant in CW’s The Flash Tuesday nights at 8pm est.