Nostalgia kicks in each and every time I think about Miley Cyrus. I believe I was in third grade when Hannah Montana aired for the first time and for about two years she was seriously my idol. I always thought, “I’m gonna be a pop star just like Miley Cyrus one day.” I swear I loved her just about as much as I loved my mom – she was that important to me back then.
From the summer before sixth grade until about mid-December eighth grade, I went through I phase where I absolutely hated her, to be honest. My most common retort when being apart of a conversation pertaining to Miley was, “She should fall off the face of the Earth.” Harsh, I know, but I was a stupid, obnoxious pre-teen. I didn’t know that I was talking about and I have once again crossed over from the dark side to really understand how amazing she is. And I have about 100 reasons to love her, but here’s a quick ten.
1. She’s much more talented than people make her out to be. I cannot for the life of me remember exactly what I was watching (I believe it was Oprah, but I’m not fully certain) and she was performing a duet with Joan Jett which was actually quite good. Miley continues to blow me away with the power of her voice in all projects that she puts out.
3. Her new haircut is probably the best fashion she has ever made. I’ll be really honest, I didn’t like her haircut the first time I saw it. It was a shitty quality mirror picture where her hair looked unevenly cut, unkept and just downright sloppy. But everyone’s hair looks a little messy right after a cut so as time went on, I took another look at it and damn, does she look good. This haircut has made her look so much more mature and a lot more like Pink (which isn’t a bad thing at all).
4. Miley has a pretty level head on her shoulders. She astounds me how easy going she has become. I think her staying grounded has a lot to do with her relationship with Liam Hemsworth. Idk, I just love her a lot and it’s hard to put into words.
5. The Miley Cyrus fashion evolution. From all of her relationships, to the break-ups, to what she has settled on now- all the ups and down.
7. Hannah Montana was the bomb. Nuff said.
8. She’s super-duper mega gorgeous pretty. Totally superficial, but completely true.
9. Miley made my childhood pretty amazing. Old Disney was the best thing- ever. And she was a big part of why I loved old Disney so very much.
10. There are so many more reasons to love her, but sadly, I can’t name them all.
I almost completely forgot to say this: Happy20th Birthday Miley!